Cloud Computing has reshaped the IT industry by opening up the scope for unlimited & highly elastic scalability in the delivery of enterprise applications and software as a service (SaaS). Amazon cloud Microsoft’s Azure, Google cloud, IBM cloud, Oracle, Salesforce and many other cloud contributions provide software vendors and new start-ups the option to deploy their applications to systems of unlimited computational power with practically no initial capital investment and with modest operating costs proportional to the actual use.
As per the World Economic Forum, AI, IoT and cloud computing will play a significant role in the industrial revolution version 4. As per forecast, AI and cloud computing will complement each other along with IoT to upgrade technology and propel the growth of the IT industry. In 2019 alone ,the worldwide cloud computing market size was valued at $266.0 billion and is expected to expand at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 14.9% from 2020 to 2027.
The growing digital transformation among industries, improving accessibility of internet services and mobile devices across the world, and increase in investments in big data infrastructure & IoT related services are the primary drivers that promote market growth in the cloud computing sector. According to forecasts by Gartner, the global public cloud revenue growth will be 17% in 2020. Even though Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) gained the highest growth rate in 2020 due to data center consolidation, Software as a service (SaaS) will remain the largest market segment. The main focus of this course is to educate participants with the fundamental knowledge of cloud computing and various cloud computing related services.
The course on diploma in cloud computing covers lectures and lab sessions related to virtualization techniques in cloud computing, overview of important cloud platforms like AWS, Azure and Google cloud and case studies & assignments in web hosting, big data analytics using Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark. The unique feature of this course is that the tutors will provide you live sessions to discuss the course modules and clear the doubts.
Cloud Computing Fundamentals
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Cloud Service Models
- IaaS vs PaaS vs SaaS
- Virtualization Concepts
- Understanding of Containerization & Virtualization Technologies
- OS Based Virtualization
- Lab-1 : Implementation of Virtualization using Oracle VirtualBox.
- Lab-2 : Ubuntu Instance Creation Using VirtualBox
- Internetworking concepts
- Lab-3 : Networking between Two OS Instances
- Cloud Deployment Models
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon AWS
- Lab-4 : Creating a free account in AMAZON AWS and exploring various services
- Lab-5 : Familiarization of various services in AWS
- AWS Service Categories
- Launching an EC2 Instance
- Lab-6 : Creating a Linux operating system instance in AWS
- Lab-7 : Networking between two EC2 instances
- Basics of PuTTY
- Lab-8 : Connecting to Your Linux Instance using PuTTY in Windows
- How a Website Works
- Lab-9 : Host a Static Website in Amazon AWS
- Lab-10 : Deploying WordPress on AWS
- Big Data Analytics
- Hadoop Framework
- Lab-11: Run a sample Hadoop operation in a single node (Pseudo mode) in Virtual Box
- Lab-12: Run a sample Hadoop operation in a single node (Pseudo mode) in AWS
- Lab-13: Deploy a multi-node Hadoop setup in AWS
- Configuring Cloud-Watch Logs
- Deploying a relational database
- Lab-14 : Creating A MySQL Database With RDS
- Configuring IAM for Our Deployment
- Live Session
Existing Cloud Computing Providers and Certifications
- Cloud Providers and Certifications
- AWS-Amazon Web Services
- Azure 30
- Google Cloud Platform
Cloud Computing Tools, Distributed Systems and Streaming Mechanism
- Cloud Encryption, Cloud Monitoring, Cloud Security
- The Gossip Protocol
- Grid Applications and Grid Infrastructure
- Cristian's Algorithm
- Real-time Streaming: Apache Spark
- Spark Core Architecture
- Lab-15: Deploy Spark Sample Applications
- Live Session
- Final Assessment Quiz
- Any Graduate with an IT background can apply for this course.
- Any one working in the IT domain with /without experience can apply to this course.
- Having knowledge on virtualization and networking would be an added advantage to the candidate to understand the concepts easily.
This course is intended for beginner and intermediate level working professionals who would like to learn the concept of cloud computing.
Basic working knowledge of computers, operating system and internet.
Time to completion can vary widely based on your schedule. Most learners are able to complete the course in 3 to 4 months.
Shri Gopalakrishnan T.R. Nair, is the celebrity member associated as of now. But, more celebrated trainers may/may not be present to take classes. It is upto the right of the University and/or e-Drona to include/exclude star trainers in a Program.
Dr. Nair, a Fellow of Institution of Engineers, has 34 years of experience spread over Research, Industry and Education. Until recently, he was the ARAMCO International Endowed Chair in Technology. He was the Vice President at DS Institutions in Bangalore, and the founding director of RIIC, recognized by Govt. of India. He started his career in ERDC, India and later as the head of Advanced Simulation Activities in Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), he contributed to the leading edge research in Critical Real-Time Systems, Navigation and Guidance Systems, High speed computing and Launch Vehicle Systems simulations. In 1992, he received the National Technology award PARAM, and in 1990 he was awarded a Fellowship by International Space University.
He worked in the domains of Software Engineering, Nanotechnology, Systems Biology and AI & Robotics. He authored and published about 200 research papers in Computing and Multidisciplinary fields and he promotes cross domain fusion of knowledge. He received the TeamTech Foundation Award for 'Excellence in Education and Research' in 2009.
Yes, the real world projects include are
- Implementation of Virtualization using Oracle Virtual-Box.
- Ubuntu Instance Creation Using Virtual-Box.
- Networking between two OS instances.
- Creating a Linux operating system instance in AWS and networking between two EC2 instances.
- Connecting to Your Linux Instance using PuTTY in Windows.
- Host a Static Website in Amazon AWS and deploy WordPress on AWS.
- Run a sample Hadoop operation in a single node (Pseudo mode) in Virtual Box and deploy a multi-node Hadoop setup in AWS.
- Deploy Spark sample applications.
- Participants can clarify the doubt via email.
- Bi-weekly online video conference - 1hour
This course on cloud computing is 100% online and you can attend the lecture videos, assignments and quiz sessions anytime and from anywhere through the web using a computer system web browser or mobile device web browser. There is no need to show up to a classroom in person.